Water and Trash Pick-up
Lisa Watson: Utility Billing
Water Department and Public Works – located at 92 Brevard Street
Aaron Patton: Water Superintendent
John Turpin: Equipment/Distribution Operator
After hours – Water Department Emergency numbers only 678-858-5467 or 706-424-3038
- DOWNLOAD NEW INFORMATION ABOUT OUR RECYCLING PROGRAM! -> Recycling Info Download
- All garbage pickup is curbside and pickup day is FRIDAY for trash and recycle bins
- All garbage MUST be bagged
- Do NOT put ashes, paint, or paint thinner or any other building materials in or on the can
- Sharing services with another person IS PROHIBITED
- All cans must be placed no more than (2) feet from the roadside by 5:00 am the morning of pickup
- If your garbage is not out by 5:00 am and not picked up on your pick up day, it will NOT be picked up until next week
- Do not block mailboxes with cans
- All cat litter must be double bagged and tied up
- No yard trimmings (grass clippings, tree limbs, etc.) will be picked up. The landfill will not accept yard trimmings with the household garbage
- If a holiday falls on or before your service day, your service will be the following day (including Saturday). Check City Hall for list of holidays.
- We will provide individual recycle bins.
The City of Maysville provides water and sewer services within the municipal city limits of Maysville and its authorized service delivery area.
Current Water & Sewer Ordinance: water_and_sewer_ord-2009
For Online Forms for Water Click Here
Annual Water Quality Report -> MAYSVILLE CCR 2014 PDF
Tips to Save Water
- Dishwashing: Don’t rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, or half-fill a plastic tub to rinse; save 8 to 10 gallons.
- Drinking Water: Keep a bottle in the fridge; don’t run the tap to get it cold’ save 1 gallon.
- Toilet: No unnecessary flushing; average flush is 3.5 gallons.
- Baths: Shower instead of bathing; save 30 gallons (even with a long shower).
- Laundry: Switch off the “extra rinse” cycle; save 8 gallons.
- Tooth Care: Don’t run the water while you brush, use glass to rinse; save 4 gallons.
- Food: Defrost in the refrigerator overnight, not under running water; save 4 gallons.
- Shaving: Don’t run the water while you shave; save 4 gallons.
- Showers: Take a “Navy” shower (turn the water off while you lather;) save 8 gallons.
- Garbage: Use a compost pile instead of the garbage disposal; save 2 gallons.